Buddhists believe in a cycle of creation and destruction and so though the earth will end it will be reborn in again in a golden age. Everything is impermanent. Below is a description of the end of the world according to the Buddha.
– The earth will suffer from a severe drought due to lack of rains. All vegetation and life forms will disappear and vanish from the planet.
– A second sun will appear in the horizon, resulting in the evaporation of many streams and ponds.
– A third sun will appear resulting in the evaporation of many great rivers like the Ganges.
– After a long lapse of time, a fourth sun will appear in the sky resulting in the evaporation of great lakes.
– After another long lapse of time, a fifth sun will appear and the oceans will dry up slowly till they will become a finger deep.
– After another long lapse of time, a sixth sun will appear. The earth crust and core will heat up to intense temperatures resulting in many volcanic explosions, scorched earth and smoke filled skies.
– After another vast interval, a seventh sun will appear. The earth will become a fiery ball of flame and expand. Its flames will spread far and wide.
Finally it will explode and disappear altogether.
The only way to save your self from this fate is to follow the eightfold path.