Though the Qu’ran does not give specifics there are many signs given to show the end times are approaching.
Muslims believe when the day of judgement is near people will fall away from Allah and society will break down, Christianity will begin to rule. Many believe that Armageddon will begin in the Middle East and thus the events of the past 5 years have caused many to say it is near. Such minor signs include:
– When it will be regarded as a shame to act on Quranic injunctions.
– When untrustworthy people will be regarded as trustworthy and the trustworthy will be regarded as untrustworthy.
– When it will be hot in winter (and vice versa).
– When the length of days is stretched, i.e. a journey of a few days is covered in a matter of hours.
– When orators and lecturers lie openly.
– When people dispute over petty issues.
– When women with children come displeased on account of them bearing offspring, and barren women remain happy on account of having no responsibility of offspring.
– When oppression, jealousy, and greed become the order of the day.
– When people blatantly follow their passions and whims.
– When lies prevail over the truth.
– When violence, bloodshed and anarchy become common.
– When immorality overtakes shamelessness and is perpetrated publicly.
– When children are a cause of grief and anger for their parents.
The Major signs will occur near the end of time, then a great leader Imam Mehdi will come and Jesus will appear and urge his follower to become Muslims.
The Dajjal will come and lead a great army against Muslims but Muslims will triumph. In the end a trumpet will be blown and only Muslims will survive.