Jewish believe a time of peace and righteousness will come rather than an ending to the world. This period will come after a period of intense turmoil and chaos in which lawless and a breakdown in society will occur.
The Tanakh says the world will only last 6000 years. The year 2008 equals year 5678 according to the Torah making the final year 2240, although this is much debated.
There are several things, which will occur at the end of the 6000 years, they include:
– The end of the world will see all Jews gathered back to Israel and restored to their ancestral lands and tribes.
– The Messiah, a descendant of David, will come and become King of Israel and defeat Israel’s enemies, they will come to worship the one God of Israel and ask the King of Israel for advice.
– Building of the Third temple in Jerusalem and resumption of services there.
– The resurrection of the dead, death will be swallowed up forever. There will be no more hunger or disease.
– Messiah will become King of Israel and will beat invading armies in a final great battle known as Armageddon, bringing in the start of a new age of peace and holiness, weapons of war will be destroyed and the Jewish people will experience unending joy and happiness.
[…] Judaism End Of World Beliefs. Share this:TwitterFacebookMe gusta:Me gustaSe el primero en decir que te gusta. […]