Have you ever noticed that manipulative people have similar things in common with one another?
If you think you may be face to face with what we call a ‘manipulative person’ you need to ask yourself if this person has the following traits. If he or she does then it is time to hit the high road. Manipulative people should hold no place in your life.
11 Traits You Will Find in Manipulative People:
1. The guilt trip you, a lot.
They only ever do anything nice for you so that they can hold it against you. Nothing they do is ever genuine and if you refuse to do something they want you to do they will bring it up. They want you to feel guilty so that you will give in more easily.
2. They want everything to be decided immediately.
They may come at you trying to make plans and want you to make a decision right then and there. There is no ‘give me about 30 minutes and I will let you know.’ With them, most things are ‘now or never.’
3. They do not understand the importance of boundaries.
You don’t really get to have boundaries, not even healthy ones. This person will always cross them no matter what. You cannot explain why they matter to him or her because they just don’t matter to him or her whether they do to you or not.
4. They don’t care about what you have to say.
They may ask you what you think about something, but they honestly don’t care. They won’t listen to what you have to say and will just brush it off. Chances are they cut you off before you get through talking in the first place.
5. They don’t want you to be confident.
They will constantly cut you down. They want your confidence to be nonexistent. In doing this they can ensure you will not leave them or try to one-up them. They tear down anything they find to be a threat.
6. They never compromise.
They don’t want to hear you out. Things go their way or not at all and that is how it will always be. You cannot win with this kind of person.
7. They avoid responsibility for their own actions.
They never own up to the things they do. Everything gets blamed on someone else and is never truly their fault in their eyes. Regardless of how obvious it is that it is their fault, they will never learn the lessons they need to learn.
8. They don’t question themselves.
They feel correct in everything they do. They never see anything from the point of view of others. Once again, it is either their way or not at all.
9. They will ignore you if you don’t do what they want.
They will give you the silent treatment for as long as they think it necessary. They don’t care if it bothers you. As long as you give in they see it as a win.
10. They say and do different things.
Their actions do not match their words. They say one thing and do something entirely different. You have to pay attention to this kind of thing bit time.
11. They don’t put as much effort into things as they should.
They want you to put all the effort into things. They may pretend to be making an effort but truthfully they never are. They will lie to your face and still go behind your back to do things they know hurt you.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
You must be logged in to post a comment.