by GKT for MysticalRaven.com
It is always interesting and entertaining to learn something new about yourself. What’s even more interesting is learning and understanding the psychology behind the way we behave, treat others, and express ourselves.
We have put together a list of 20 of the most surprising psychology facts which can help you to better understand yourself, and those around you.
1. If you developed a friendship with someone and you were between the ages of 16 and 28, that friendship is more likely to be robust and long lasting.
2. Women, on average, prefer men with deep husky voices. According to research, this is because they seem more confident, and non-aggressive.
3. If you know someone who always gives great advice, it’s because they have been through the most problems.
4. Someone with sloppy handwriting is usually highly intelligent. The writing is messy due to how fast they think.
5. Our emotions don’t affect how we communicate, or what we say. In fact, the opposite is found to be true: the way we communicate can influence our mood.
6. How someone treats the staff at a restaurant can reveal a lot about their character.
7. People who have a strong sense of remorse, and tend to feel guilty, are better at understanding the thoughts and feelings of others.
8. Men aren’t funnier than women, and they don’t have a better sense of humour: they simply make more jokes, and don’t care whether people like their humor or not.
9. Shy people might say little about themselves, but what they do say makes others feel like they know them very well.
10. Women have 2x the amount of pain receptors on their bodies as men, AND they have a much higher pain tolerance.
11. Listening to music on a higher frequency makes you feel calm, relaxed, and euphoric.
12. If you can’t stop your brain from going into overdrive at night, try getting up and writing them down. This will organize your thoughts and help to set your mind at ease so you can sleep.
13. Good morning and good night text messages activate the happiness centers in the brain.
14. Doing things that you are afraid of will make you happier.
15. Women can keep a secret for an average of 47 hours and 15 minutes.
16. People who try to please everyone are often the ones who feel the loneliest.
17. The happier we feel, the less sleep we need.
18. When you hold someone’s hand, you feel less pain and worry.
19. Intelligent people tend to have less friends in their social circle than most. The smarter the person is, the more selective they are with those they consider friends.
20. Marrying your best friend reduces the risk of divorce by 70%, and is more likely to last a lifetime.