Words of wisdom from the world’s wisest thinkers are timeless, though the world continues to change every day.
1. “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” — Gandhi
“Live for what’s worth dying for, and leverage technology to create the world you wish to see.”
2. “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein
“Tapping into geniusis simple in theory yet hard in practice. It comes from mastering the one activity you love most.”
3. “A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” — George Bernhard Shaw
“Experiments are necessary for the experiences that create growth and new opportunities.”
If you’d like me to help you manage your experiments as your consultant and coach, hop on my calendar for a strategy meeting.
4. “He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.” — Michel De Montaigne
“FOMO creates suffering, yet those who suffer, have FOMO.”
5. “We think sometimes that poverty is only being hungry, naked and homeless. The poverty of being unwanted, unloved and uncared for is the greatest poverty.” — Mother Theresa
“Love is necessary for a healthy life. We think to live a healthy life, just like food and water. I practice daily by loving everyone around me.”
6. “Love is a verb. Love — the feeling — is a fruit of love, the verb.” — Stephen Covey
“Love has been mistaken for possession and attachment. Become loving, so you can love all.”
7. “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” — Confucius
“Life is really simple, but social media has made it complicated.”
8. “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.” — Mary Engelbreit
“How you think determines how you handle stress, and thus how healthy you are. So it’s really all that matters.”
9. “In seeking happiness for others, you will find it in yourself.” — Unknown
“Don’t search for what you’re passionate about, serve others to make yourself passionate.”
If you’d like me to help you find happiness for yourself and others around you as your coach, hop on my calendar for a strategy meeting.
10. “God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.” — Reinhold Niebuhr
“My spirituality and faith has taught me to embrace the things I can’t change, and turn them into opportunities. Meditation and prayer have given me the wisdom and awareness I’ll need.”
11. “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present.” — Bill Keane
“Remaining present every moment is the most important habit to perform my best and be happiest.”
12. “Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose.” — Viktor Frankl
“Embrace obstacles to build the resilience required to live a purpose driven life.”
13. “If you want happiness for an hour — take a nap. If you want happiness for a day — go fishing. If you want happiness for a year — inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a life time — help someone else.” — Chinese proverb
“Happiness isn’t something that’s achieved, it’s a skill that’s cultivated and practiced daily. It’s mastery comes from serving others.”
14. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” — Helen Keller
“I now understand that focusing on the past or future mindlessly is a waste of time. All that matters is how well I’m able to experience what I’m doing now.”
15. “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.” — Stephen Covey
“Reaction is ego, so I try not to do it. Responding mindfully is the only way to communicate.”
If you’d like me to help you listen better, understand and communicate, hop on my calendar for a strategy call to talk about consulting as your coach.
16. “Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.” — Sigmund Freud”
“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, try removing social media for a month.”
17. “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” — Joshua J. Marine”
“Challenges are what get me into a state of flow, and flow makes life worth living, so I look forward to them.”
If you’d like me to help you manage all your personal and professional challenges as your coach, hop on my calendar for a strategy meeting.
18. “A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.” — Oliver Wendell Holmes
“How deep I’m able to experience my experiences are all that matters to grow and therefore be happy.”
19. “The only way that we can live is if we grow. The only way we can grow is if we change. The only way we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we are exposed is if we throw ourselves into the open.” — C. Joybell
“Life is more exciting when things are uncertain. Uncertainty teaches resilience, and resilience gives me the awareness I need to become my best self.”
20. “Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.” — Henry van Dyke
“My wealth is not measured in how much time I have to do what I want, rather, how much meaning I’m able to derive from the time I have.”
21. “I would rather die a meaningful death than to live a meaningless life.” — Corazon Aquino”
“Life is generally meaningless beyond the choice we have to assign how meaningful it can be. I don’t fear death because I know this and therefore am able to live with peace of mind.”
You must be logged in to post a comment.